Blogroll Me!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

synchronicity


this fall, after throwing out every excuse in the book (and there were A LOT in that list), i found myself saying yes to taking a class that was being offered at our church. this class is different than anything i've ever taken. it brought me out of my comfort zone, on many levels, right from the start. but now that i'm 3 1/2 months into it, i look back and realize that it's been a very good thing.

i had a conversation with a friend the other day about the fact, that more than once what's been discussed in class has come up in our church's Sunday morning sermon, which has allowed the dialogue to continue on in my brain.

"see, that's the kind of synchronicity we can expect when we're letting God speak through seemingly random spiritual disciplines."

my friend answered back about how cool the synchronicity is that happens when we let God speak through seemingly random things. yeah it's very cool...on multiple levels. that synchronicity has me thinking often on the gravity of being open enough to let God speak through every aspect of life, even the ones that don't have any connection in our mind or those that we don't really think anything could be spoken through. it comes with the responsibility of being prepared to go deeper...and to embrace all that entails. to look deep within...to hear the, "Whys and questions" which will inevitably come out of that process. being prepared to face those, "Whys and questions" that surface and both the good & the bad that comes from that. it means being willing to peel away the layers of this life and honestly find answers...not to just fly off quick and easy surface responses, but instead to allow deep and purposeful responses to arise.

what i'm finally beginning to realize, is that the journey deeper is one which will eventually bring you to a place of realizing how awesome His love is for each one of us. it will bring forth the challenge to see yourself through His eyes...to see all that He sees when He looks at you, rather than viewing yourself through human eyes.

for me, even though it's a really cool process to experience, i also find it very scary at times. but then i look back and see where i've come from and that brings forth strength to journey on...to jump the hurdles of fear and continue to penetrate deeper. inevitably i've found myself going down some of the tunnels of life i said i would never visit again...sometimes coming back out of them seeing things in a very different light than i ever saw them before or simply coming back out feeling a little less entrapped by the anger, pain, confusion, etc. of some of those tunnels.

“You’re my son (daughter). I’m crazy about you and well into everything you do.” (Rob Lacey)

this quote was read at the end of our service on Sunday...the daughter portion was added in for those of us who were of the female variety in the crowd. i found a lot of comfort in it...in knowing that no matter what, i have a Heavenly Father who's crazy about every aspect of me. and i was challenged to begin living my life with that same kind of love. to live life with a deep love...in every circumstance i find myself. A deep love that i'll readily offer to every person that crosses my path, including the one i see in the mirror each day and also to the Heavenly Father who never leaves my side.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1/15/2010, OpenID societyvs said...

"in knowing that no matter what, i have a Heavenly Father who's crazy about every aspect of me. and i was challenged to begin living my life with that same kind of love" (Cinder)

And that's the greatness of learning about faith and God...things like this just seem to flow so easily once we let them. Kudo's to you for such a great stance!

I remember the times I first approached this idea concerning God's love. I used to listen to a lot of Keith Green and for some reason the lyrics he used just spoke to me on some level about being that kind of loving person God wanted me to be. I had to breal my heart a few times - but through the process I became someone that loves others.

I like love. That's what I say these days!

 
At 1/16/2010, Blogger jollybeggar said...

"...i was challenged to begin living my life with that same kind of love" (cinder)

yes, that challenge is pretty hard to accept without being changed... and we all know how easy and fun change can be. kinda like being turned inside out over a very long time. good stuff, cinder.

"i like love" (sVs)
very nice.

and keith green! heck yeah.
i don't think anybody in his day had the jam to challenge the metal of the modern paradigms of christendom the way he did. made a lot of people mad, the way he would push the buttons. what a heart and voice for justice!

i miss keith. i have, like, 5 or 6 of his records that get fairly heavy rotation on the turntable in my office. doesn't really surprise me that he'd found a place in your heart, too, jason.

remember this?
how's it land right now in light of the recent earthquake disaster in haiti?

Do you see, do you see
All the people sinking down
Don't you care, don't you care
Are you gonna let them drown

How can you be so numb
Not to care if they come
You close your eyes
And pretend the job's done

"Oh bless me Lord, bless me Lord"
You know it's all I ever hear
No one aches, no one hurts
No one even sheds one tear

But He cries, He weeps, He bleeds
And He cares for your needs
And you just lay back
And keep soaking it in,
Oh, can't you see it's such a sin?

Cause He brings people to you door,
And you turn them away
As you smile and say,
"God bless you, be at peace"
And all heaven just weeps
Cause Jesus came to your door
You've left him out on the streets

Open up open up
And give yourself away
You see the need, you hear the cries
So how can you delay

God's calling and you're the one
But like Jonah you run
He's told you to speak
But you keep holding it in,
Oh can't you see it's such a sin?

The world is sleeping in the dark
That the church just can't fight
Cause it's asleep in the light
How can you be so dead
When you've been so well fed
Jesus rose from the grave
And you, you can't even get out of bed

Oh, Jesus rose from the dead
Come on, get out of your bed

How can you be so numb
Not to care if they come
You close your eyes
And pretend the job's done
You close your eyes
And pretend the job's done

Don't close your eyes
Don't pretend the jobs done
Come away, come away, come away with Me my love,
Come away, from this mess, come away with Me, my love.

 
At 1/21/2010, OpenID societyvs said...

Asleep in the light by Keith Green - I must of listened to that song a million times...it really sounded off with something in my very inner being. I guess I knew how it was to be on both side of that lyric - poor and someone with something...kind of still brings me to tears just reading it.

 
At 4/06/2010, Blogger michael~ said...

It's simply tragic that you are not yet subscribing to my feed! But I won't hold that against you. LOL

I really enjoy the commentary, and often think, "what would I say if I was from that same background"?

Keep up the good work,

m-

PS: get over to my blog and check it out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home